See the grand tours by bike without paying a fortune.
Cyclists all agree France and Italy are the meccas for road riding. Magnificent scenery, great roads, friendly motorists and great food/wine not to mention the cycling history all go towards making these destinations a once in a lifetime (or more) trip for cycling enthusiasts. If you are a race fan then combining a cycling tour while seeing the Giro D’Italia or Tour de France will be heaven, and that is exactly what our tours provide, a perfect mix of challenging riding over the famous roads and climbs, and watching the race action and drama of the grand tours up close.
Commercial tours can be expensive, however we run a similar tour at much lower cost for our customers and friends. You see our tours are not run to make money but as a way to share a fantastic experience with loyal customers while enjoying the trip ourselves (shop staff accompany all our tours) consequently we don’t advertise to the general public, you must receive an invitation or at least be recommended to us by a mutual friend. We want to keep our tours fun and intimate, with small groups of like minded people who will be comfortable together.
Check out the photos below.
Here are some key features of our Giro d’Italia and Tour de France trips.
- We will see a minimum of 2 race stages up close, including at least one mountain stage.
- Our tours are between 10 and 14 days long and are based in mountain locations such as the Dolomites, the Alps and the Pyrenees.
- We ride the toughest mountain passes famous in tour history, such as the Col du Tourmalet, Alpe d’huez, Col du Galibier, the Stelvio and many others.
- A French or Italian speaking guide and mechanic will be riding with you at all times
- We are staying in areas that are frequently visited by the Giro and Le Tour
- Our schedule is designed to minimize transfers and driving, most days you will ride from the front door, making for more time to ride and also more time to relax and enjoy the other aspects of holidaying in the French countryside. We are also more flexible with our schedule than other tours; you are always free to do your own thing if you wish.
- All breakfasts, snack food and some dinners are included. You will have to pay for your own meals at restaurants and cafes and also contribute a small amount for self catered meals. On occasion you may be called upon to help out cooking the evening meal or help with cleaning up.
- Bike bags and cases available to hire
If you like the sound of our tours please come and visit us to discuss.
Download our Tour itineries below
Limited spots available. Ask about our 2017 Tours and book your place before they fill
View our gallery from previous tours here